All you need to know about Tharparkar, Pakistan

Tharparkar Pakistan

All you need to know about Tharparkar, Pakistan

Tharparkar is among the 23 districts within the Sindh Province. Over 90 percent of the population lives in rural villages. Tharparkar offers two different classes. One is for the Hindus, and one is for the Muslims. In 1998 Muslims comprised nearly 59% of the population, while Hindus comprised the remainder of 41%. Thari Culture is a mix of Gujrati, Rajasthani, and Sindhi Cultures. In particular, the Rajasthani Culture is the most prominent among all other cultures. Thari music is also heavily influenced by Rajasthani classical music.

Thar Culture

Folklore is an integral element of Thari culture and is distinct in its way of life. Thar is where folk music and folklores remain in their original forms. It’s a place of shifting sands; however, the Tharis have learned to adapt to the changing landscape and live there. Tourists who visit the Thari region to study their traditions, culture, and everyday lives are sure to find plenty of adventures.

Dressing Style

Women from Thari are adorned with long and swirling skirts known as Ghagra. They are employed in fields and their coworkers to earn grain to feed their families. Silver jewelry is placed on their heads while covering their faces with a veil. They are protected from sun and sand and shielding them from the gazes of men. They are distinguished from their clothes wear. 
The unmarried women are covered completely in white Bangles. Women are mostly in their caste and can only marry within their caste. Status means they have fewer chances to connect with women from other castes. Women with higher castes tend to be more marginalized, while less privileged women can be out and about doing their jobs. The Thari males are dark and tall. They are often bearded, and many have mustaches. Thari men wear turbans to show how proud they are as Tharis.

Festivals

Some numerous fairs and festivals are held throughout the region, which allows those villages that are far away and remote areas to come together. They can also conduct livestock auctions and enjoy the culture of their neighbors through music and dance. They are observant of every religious event and every change in the season that affects their daily lives. The harvest season is popularly celebrated and is considered the most significant. This is evident in their art, crafts, and other pursuits.

The Thar people are exceptionally imaginative in their art and design. Thar’s art and crafts encompass pottery as well as leather and puppets, wooden, metalwares blocks, tie and dye textiles, mirror work on clothing and sheets, embroidery tiles and dyes, as well as mirror-like shoes. Handicrafts are a fantastic combination of colors and textures. The heritage is varied and rich due to its socio-economic ethos. The village is awash with certain craft crucial to their survival and everyday needs. Handicrafts make up the majority of their income. Thari economy is an exchange system. Villages can manage all of the requirements on their own.

Dances

Like the other regions of Pakistan, Thar is home to a variety of folk dances, such as the dandan round, chakar round, and the rasooro. The dandan round is a dance that involves up to ten people. They carry small sticks in one hand and a silk handkerchief in the other. They dance around on the beat of the dhol. While the other males are dancing, the dhol player sings the tunes. Mitco is an individual performance performed by male dancers. The dance is usually performed in women’s homes during ceremonies for their kids’ weddings. Thari Muslims practice a custom known as the chakar round. Male dancers hold an axe in one hand while the dhol player beats beat. While men are the ones who play dhol but the rasooro may also be danced by females. Women can sing along with the beat of the dhol.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.